Creating a tessellation using the tracing paper method
fun stuff > reating a tessellation using the tracing paper method
Ever wanted to create a beautiful tessellation pattern that's not just repeating a simpe regular shape? Well here's one fullproof way to do that.
- Start with a square or rectangle
- Add a curvy line to one side
- Copy this line (using tracing paper) to the opposite side
- Repeat for the other 2 sides
- Use your imagination to decide what your shape looks like (a bird, a teddy bear, a rose?)
- Tessellate your pattern and decorate it.